Quality of Accommodation

My wife and I got roped in on this in 2011.She was pregnant at the time and we were just going so we could get the free cruise (which wouldn't have been free and we were never even able to use).

At the end of the sales pitch we informed the salesman that since my wife was pregnant, we wouldn't be interested in taking any vacations for probably 5 or 6 years. "OH THAT'S WHAT IS SOOOO GREAT ABOUT THIS PROGRAM!" he started. "You can roll over any unused points year after year so , even if you don't want to vacation now, you can save them up for when you are ready to take a vacation. Then you'll be able to take multiple vacations in a year!" This is what got us as we wanted to be able to take our kids on vacations while they were growing up.

Well the time came to talk money and it was way out of our price range, but the manager was able to work his magic and offer us a biennial package. Fast forward 2 years and our unused points don't roll over. When i call to let them know the mistake I am informed that points will only roll over one year, since we are biennial then that's all we get! So the ONLY reason we bought this was a complete lie!

Obviously I'm well past any refund window so I let them know I'd like to sell it back to them (I vaguely recall that coming up during the presentation). "We do not offer any sort of buy back program on memberships. However, you do have the option to forfeit all rights to the membership and give it up as long as it is paid off." For the next 2 years we try to book vacations to try and get some sort of value, but couldn't find anything available for our points. eventually we refinance our house and take out extra cash to pay off our membership so we can just cut our losses and give it up.

So i call them back and you can probably guess where this is going: "Sorry, giving up the membership is not an option. You signed the contract with us.

You can sell the membership on your own." Lies, Lies, Lies!!I'd love some advice on how to get rid of this scam!!

Review about: Festiva Adventure Club Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: What they offered.

I didn't like: What they offered were lies.

Comments